Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Rat's Ass Review - Taking Submissions Now


Rat's Ass Review is taking submissions now. To see full guidelines go here.

I'm excited!
Damned excited!
My tail is fucking twitching!
And,
I'm definitely submitting!

Here are some of the highlights (my highlights) of the Rat's Ass Review Guidelines

-- if you don’t like my taste, I don’t give a rat’s ass

-- I’m not even sure I’m looking for good poems. I’m looking for my kind of poems.

-- I need that surface pleasure. I’m not a great thinker about poetry, and I need my immediate gratification.

-- We have three levels of form rejection letters: insulting, regular, and encouraging. You’ll be able to tell which one you get

-- If you aren’t rejected, you’ll get the glory of having your work posted on this site, and nothing else


I repeat:

I'm excited!
Damned excited!
My tail is fucking twitching!
And,
I'm definitely submitting!

Sadly, though, I don't think my poems are going to get published in Rat's Ass Review. (the editor, David M. Harris, says his favorite poets are Richard Wilbur and Elizabeth Bishop and W. H. Auden and Edna St. Vincent Millay and W. B. Yeats and Robert Hayden and a bunch of others who don’t have much in common. Sigh.)

(David M. Harris also says "I am not much interested in poetry about God." Sniff. Sniff.)

I'll give it a shot, though, and, if not, maybe I'll be lucky enough to get the insulting rejection letter.

(p.s. the "rat" pictured above is me going down into my office to peruse what poems I currently have available. It may look like but it is definitely not Jesus rising up into heaven.)

No comments: