Saturday, May 16, 2009

Cowboy Party


For hours we walked to the front of the line and then on back. All he's doing is playing the classics. B and B. We can do this shit.

It was kind of like a religious get-together. So much Love. Everyone tipping their hats. And the music, just on and on. I had no idea what was going on.

It made me think of watching a movie with a high school friend (back in high school that is) and he said "we could make one better" and I said "sure" (thinking WTF).

I smoked a lot that summer and the words burned out of me, visions of streams and a woman leaning down to sharpen her knife, all in the shape of a heart-leaf, wandering to the front and then back down.

There was so much to learn. Leaves blowing about me in a thousand rooms. And there was gold somewhere. Singing in shadows.

And we could do it. I knew we could.

No comments: