Friday, June 12, 2009

A Million in Prizes - Justin Marks

I think I mentioned before that my next interview's going to be with Justin Marks re his just released debut book "A Million in Prizes." I've been wrapped up in my own work lately, but this is still first in line. And soon-ish, hopefully.

In the meantime, though, here's some news from Justin:

Hi All,

A few things to share:

1) I'll be reading with Julia Cohen and Heather Green this Saturday, June 13, 2009, 7:00pm at Pierre Menard Gallery, 10 Arrow Street, Cambridge, MA. Hope to see you there!

2) The first review of A Million in Prizes is now available here at Cold Front:


3) I was interviewed recently on Poetic Asides:


4) A Million in Prizes was included (along with many other fine poets) in Stephen Burt's essay, The New Thing, in the Boston Review:



2 comments:

Ross Brighton said...

Sounds interesting. I will have to look into his work more, as I'm not sure yet whether I like it or not (which is a good sign - if I like stuff off the bad I often end up very sick of it. And stuff I don't like is often fantastic).

What do you think of the Burt thing?

I have a morbid, slightly neurotic fascination. Its like a dentist drill made of small poems in my medulla oblongata.

PS.
I've got a post on Burt, but it turned into one on Ronald Johnson.
http://ignoretheventriloquists.blogspot.com/2009/06/steven-burts-new-thing-some-notes-in.html

Rauan Klassnik said...

i haven't read the Burt "thing" yet.. but plan to before interviewing Justin.....